Anything that causes change in your life creates stress. Whether you experience a positive change, or a negative change, they both cause stress. In addition, most people in today’s fast-paced world are faced with financial, social and family pressures. Our days are filled with deadlines, traffic jams and sensory overload. Many people are under immense stress and are not even aware of it.
A recent Gallup poll found that 79% of people feel some amount of stress daily. Of those who replied, 44% reported experiencing stress frequently and only 4% reported never having stress. Worries over job pressures, money, health and relationships are the top stressors according to the American Psychological Association. Furthermore, the unusual combination of typical life stressors with a global pandemic is having real consequences on our minds and bodies. The American Psychological Association’s 2020 survey on Stress in America has made it clear: “We are facing a national mental health crisis that could yield serious health and social consequences for years to come.”
When stress surges past normal levels it can derail some of our most vital systems, including sleep, focus, cognition, mood, and gut and immune health.
The consequences of stress read like a laundry list of negative conditions:
- Fatigue and headaches
- Irritability, anxiety and nervousness
- Sleep disorders
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Workplace injury
- Impaired immune function
- Muscle tension
- Teeth grinding
- Lower sex drive
- Lack of energy
- Lowered immune system
Whole-istic Solutions newly formulated Stress was created specifically to help deal with higher stress levels by supporting the Adrenal Glands and the Endocannabinoid System.
Adrenal health is important to support energy, sleep, metabolism, hormone balance, a proper immune response, and more. The discovery and emergence of the Endocannabinoid system (ECS) over the last 30 years has found that this complex signaling system in the body is involved in just as many vital bodily processes.
Stress Support synergistic ingredients include:
- B Vitamins help to maintain a healthy nervous system. A strong nervous system is essential to being able to effectively fight the symptoms of stress.
- Ashwaganda is an ancient medicinal herb used for thousands of years to treat a variety of ailments. It’s classified as an adaptogen — which means it helps the body deal with stress — yet it’s also incredibly beneficial for your brain, blood sugar, cortisol levels, energy levels, and has even been found to help fight anxiety and depression.
- Rhodiola Rosea is another adaptogenic herb that has the ability to modulate the body’s stress response. In a study focusing on stress-related fatigue syndrome and burnout, researchers found that rhodiola extract resulted in an anti-fatigue effect. This effect resulted in an increased ability to concentrate and a decrease in the response of cortisol to stress.
- GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) is a naturally occurring amino acid that works as a neurotransmitter in your brain. Neurotransmitters function as chemical messengers. GABA is considered an inhibitory neurotransmitter because it blocks, or inhibits, certain brain signals and decreases activity in your nervous system. When GABA attaches to a protein in your brain known as a GABA receptor, it produces a calming effect. This can help with feelings of anxiety, stress, and fear. It may also help to prevent seizures.
- L Theanine is known as natural ananxiolytic. It is often used to reduce anxiety, hyperactivity and sleep-related problems due to it’s calming, sedative effect on the body and mind without making you feel drowsy.
- Organic Maca Root contains two unique types of nutrients called macaenes and macamides. These are thought to be responsible for maca’s ability to help the body balance its hormones. Since hormone health is key to a relaxed and peaceful attitude, it follows that these nutrients may be tied to reports of lowered stress levels from people using maca.
- DHA (DHA) a type of omega-3 fatty acid helps the body resist the damaging effects of stress by contributing to stress resilience: a reduction of harm during and after stress.
Whole-istic Solutions Stress Support Formula was formulated by doctors in applied clinical conditions to insure that this broad range of adaptogens, amino acids, and enzymes provides nutritious support to help prevent the symptoms associated with stress.