Anything that causes change in your life causes stress. Whether you experience a positive change, or a negative change, they both cause stress. In addition, most people in today’s fast-paced world are faced with financial, social and family pressures. Our days are filled with deadlines, traffic jams and sensory overload. Many people are under immense stress and are not even aware of it.
Research tells us that stress contributes to:
- Fatigue and headaches
- Irritability, anxiety and nervousness
- Sleep disorders
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Workplace injury
- Impaired immune function
How Stress Leads to Health Problems
Under stress, nearly all systems adapt to meet the apparent threat. The body uses more energy and certain nutrients. During one day under stress, the body may burn two days worth of nutrients. The problem is that what we eat in one day provides only enough nourishment for one day. Where does the body get the extra nutrients? By borrowing precious nutrients from itself. Over time, as cells are continually drained of their nutrients, disease begins to appear.
It is no secret that the average American diet is low in nutrition. And furthermore, because stress robs energy, people consume stimulants such as caffeine, sugar, salt and red meat, just trying to feel good. Unfortunately, although stimulants give a temporary energy boost, they also increase the rate at which the body robs nutrients from itself. The damage these stimulants cause under ordinary circumstances is compounded by the physiologic effects of stress itself.
The best way to overcome stress is to remove the stress. In addition, we must replace the nutrients that have been depleted. Eating more fresh and raw foods is a good start, but diet alone will not pay back the debts. For this reason, food supplements are vital.
Whole-istic Solutions has researched which nutrients are most deficient as a result of stress. These nutrients are found in Stress Support:
- B Vitamins are important in energy production, blood sugar balance and the immune system.
- Vitamin C plays a major role in hormonal metabolism, joint health and the body’s ability to manufacture energy, and combat aging.
- Minerals (Calcium, Magnesium, Chromium) help with the production of energy, facilitation of sleep, enhancement of mental clarity, improvement in muscle strength, efficiency of insulin, utilization of iron, and reduction in anxiety.
- Amino Acid Blend is essential to the central nervous system, aids in calming anxiety and helps promote blood sugar balance.
- 5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan) from the seeds of a West African medicinal plant is converted to serotonin, which appears to play a significant role in sleep and mood control.
- Suprarenal substance contains enzymes to support fatigued adrenal glands overworked by stress.
- Enzymes help assimilate and deliver the various nutrients in the formula.
Stress Support was formulated by doctors in applied clinical conditions to insure that this broad range of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and enzymes provides nutritious support to help prevent the symptoms associated with stress.